Sunday, April 20, 2014

Genetics



In Genetics(S7L3) the overall standard was to recognize how biological traits are pass on to successive generations. This was easy because I knew that you inherit your traits from your parents. These traits can be later predicted by using a punnet square.  





I got this picture from Google Images

Elements:
A: This was probably the easiest element in the genetics standards because I just had to explain the role genes and chromosomes play in inheriting a trait. Basically genes carry the instructions for your appearance and those genes are carried by chromosomes.Also to determine your appearance, if the dominant allele is present then it masks the recessive allele. 
Here is a survey that I did in class to compare the traits of others: 
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5QDJdnKXbBDWUt0Qll3d043MXc/edit?usp=sharing  

 

B: This element required me to compare the two different types of reproduction, asexual and sexual. I had to compare them and which organism use them. For example, bacteria reproduces asexually because they are unicellular and don't require another organism. 
The Picture is from: Google Images
   

C: I have to say that in element I found out the messed up things that selective breeding and Genetic Engineering can do to animals. The main reason for GE is that it can provide food and stop famine all over the world, but what good is that when all the animals die from GE. To go further into detail I give you a story that I wrote why we,as a whole, should stop Genetic Engineering. 

STOP THE SPREAD OF DOOM













No comments:

Post a Comment